Who we are
Originally formed in 1975 as the Neighbourhood Pub Owners Association, the Alliance of Beverage Licensees (ABLE BC) is the advocacy organization representing British Columbia's private liquor industry. We are the largest and most effective liquor industry association in BC, with membership including private liquor retailers, pubs, bars, nightclubs, hotel liquor licensees, as well as various agents, suppliers, and benefit providers.
On behalf of our 1,000 members, we advocate for a stable and thriving private liquor industry. We consult regularly with our members to ensure they have a voice with government decision-makers, and report on current issues through our biweekly Industry Update e-newsletter, monthly member meetings, and regular member surveys. We have four organizational objectives:
Benefits of being a member
ABLE BC's primary goal is to help build a thriving and sustainable private liquor industry in BC by advocating for your interests and proactively solving industry challenges. To that end we:
- Ensure you have a voice with government officials and policy makers
- Consult our members regularly to find out what matters most to your business
- Help members resolve issues with our monopoly wholesale supplier
- Keep you informed and up-to-date on government policies and regulations
- Fight to reduce red tape and ensure regulations and policies are business-friendly
Download our Policy Priorities 2015-16 to learn more about the issues we are advocating for and the Alliance's strategies for change.
Learn more about our advocacy work.
Saving you time and money
We know you're busy, so all members get access to a host of benefit programs tailored specifically to your needs so they can save you and your business time and money. Some of our most popular programs include:
- Get the best coverage in the industry for less, with Western Financial Group's Hospitality Insurance Program
- Participate in our new exclusive Private Retailers Group Buying Program (LRS only)
- Earn an average of $2700 per year with our Bottle Return Program
- Earn an extra $1000 per month with our ATM provider (no fixed term commitment)
- Get access to BC Liquor Store retail pricing with the new Liquor Guide
Download our Member Benefits Programs Guide to learn more about our exclusive benefit programs, preferred pricing, and discounted rates.
Join ABLE BC today
ABLE BC has two types of members: Liquor Licensee Members (Liquor Primary and Licensee Retail Stores) and Associate Members (Industry Suppliers and Service Providers).
Join ABLE BC as a member today by completing our membership form and returning to Danielle Leroux (Manager of Membership & Communications) by email ([email protected]) or fax (604-688-8560):
Download Licensee Membership Form
Download Associate Membership Form
For more information about our membership program please contact Danielle Leroux, visit our Member Benefits section or download our Member Benefits Programs Guide and Summary of Associate Member Benefits.